Thus far, the main ADAMED SmartUP award has been given to fifty students
11 September 2019
On 10 September, during the gala closing the fifth edition of the ADAMED SmartUP programme, a further ten winners of the main award and three prior edition scholarship winners were announced.
This year’s event was held in the Lecture Theatre at the Faculty of Physics of the Warsaw University of Technology and attended by numerous distinguished guests, to include representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Investment and Development, the Sejm, universities, state institutions, members of the Scientific Council as well as the Management Board of the Adamed Group’s Foundation. Fifty participants of the fifth edition of the ADAMED SmartUP science camp were also present and extremely excited as ten of them were the winners of the main award.
I deeply believe that it is worth to pursue your passions. But what you need to do first is discover them. The primary objective of the ADAMED SmartUP programme is to help young, talented people to find out what is the most interesting for them, what they want to develop and create. After all, spectacular success may only be achieved if you pursue your passion, said Małgorzata Adamkiewicz, MD, PhD, President of the Management Board of the Adamed Group’s Foundation.
This year’s winners of the main award are:
- Rafał Bereś from Zielona Góra, I Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Edwarda Dembowskiego in Zielona Góra,
- Julia Kalinowska from Słupsk, II Liceum Ogólnokształcące z Oddziałami Dwujęzycznymi im. Adama Mickiewicza in Słupsk,
- Bartłomiej Leks from Będzin, III Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Adama Mickiewicza in Katowice,
- Konrad Łęgowski from Lubiszew Tczewski, Gdańskie Liceum Autonomiczne,
- Kinga Mastej from Rzeszów, Publiczne Liceum Ogólnokształcące Sióstr Prezentek im. Jana Pawła II in Rzeszów,
- Kamil Petryczkiewicz from Konstancin-Jeziorna, V Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Księcia Józefa Poniatowskiego in Warsaw,
- Władysław Sowul from Suwałki, I Liceum Ogólnokształcące z Oddziałami Dwujęzycznymi im. Marii Konopnickiej in Suwałki,
- Aleksander Stawiarski from Warsaw, II Liceum Ogólnokształcące z Oddziałami Dwujęzycznymi im. Stefana Batorego in Warsaw,
- Stanisław Szleszkowski from Wroclaw, VII Liceum Ogólnokształcące in Wroclaw,
- Cezary Wystup from Dąbrowa, II Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Dąbrówki in Poznan.
The winners will have the opportunity to take part in a ten-month individual educational consultation programme, which will enable them to extend their knowledge and develop their own projects under the eye of experienced researchers and scientists.
The ADAMED SmartUP programme would not be so unique without its participants. Over the past five years, it has attracted more than 30,000 students from amongst whom 250 winners demonstrating impressive knowledge, a passion for science and consistency in pursuing their dreams have been selected. We are very pleased and proud to see how these talented people are developing, but most of all – how well they can collaborate and share their knowledge and experience with younger students that participate in subsequent editions of the programme, says Katarzyna Dubno, Member of the Management Board of the Adamed Group’s Foundation.
Julia Kalinowska, this year’s winner of the main award, said during the gala: I am very happy. As this is my last year at secondary school, the school-leaving examination and admission to college will definitely be on my mind. What is the most important for me, though, is the pursuit of my passion for science. I believe that the educational consultation programme will be very useful and it is my intention to learn as much as possible.
As every year, during the gala ceremony we also announced three scholarship holders selected out of the participants of the last year’s edition of the ADAMED SmartUP programme, namely: Katarzyna Łyczek, Marcin Maniak and Laura Meissner. All of them received symbolic cheques from the Management Board of the Adamed Group’s Foundation and members of our Scientific Council. A prize of 40,000 zlotys may be spent to finance the study of their dreams or the fulfilment of further scientific plans of the scholarship holders.
Students aged 15-19 who would like to share the success of their peers are strongly encouraged to sign up for the sixth edition of the ADAMED SmartUP programme and take part in this year’s recruitment preliminaries.
More information is available at: https://adamedsmartup.pl/edycja/o-programie/.