WE ARE ANNOUNCING MORE WORKSHOPS AS PART OF THE ADAMED SMARTUP ACADEMY IN WARSAW AND LUBLIN
9 March 2023
We have recently shared information about workshops to be held at the Jagiellonian University as part of the ADAMED SmartUP Academy. The schedule of the spring edition has been extended to include meetings at Warsaw University of Technology and the Catholic University of Lublin. Registration to the classes is open in all three cities, and first workshops will take place in March.
ADAMED SmartUP Academy is a unique chance to visit the laboratories of the top Polish universities and broaden one’s knowledge thanks to hands-on experiments. The entire program of the spring edition was developed in collaboration with the academic staff of the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Physics and Faculty of Chemistry of Warsaw University of Technology and the Institute of Biological Sciences of the Catholic University of Lublin. Classes take place in laboratories and are conducted by practicians who disclose the arcana of scientific work for teenage enthusiasts.
All students aged 14–19 years, who are interested in physics, chemistry and biology, are invited to participate. Interested persons can come to several meetings, but there are limited places available.
The following workshops will be held as part of the spring edition of ADAMED SmartUP Academy:
Warsaw – Warsaw University of Technology – Faculty of Physics
- 25 March – Make your own hologram and learn how it is different from a regular photograph
- 1 April – Differential thermal analysis and differential scanning calorimetry – how to test if water ACTUALLY does freeze at 0°C?
- 15 April – Gel electrophoresis – molecule identification by electrokinetic properties
- 22 April – Strangeness enhancement and other signatures of quark-gluon plasma
- 13 May – Interdisciplinary uses of physics
Warsaw – Warsaw University of Technology – Faculty of Chemistry
- 1 April – Electrochemistry for everyone: where does the driving force in redox reactions come from?
- 15 April – Antibodies in service of humanity
- 22 April – The world in micro scale
Kraków – Jagiellonian University
- 18 March – The world under the microscope – from A to Z
- 25 March – Under the microscope – tips for preparing the perfect slide
- 1 April – Seeing and understanding: blood under the microscope
- 22 April – How to see a disease: inflammation under the microscope
Lublin – Catholic University in Lublin
- 1 April – Microorganisms in service of humanity
- 1 April – When do we become superhuman?
- 15 April – Explore the world of enzymes
- 15 April – How to immobilize enzymes?
- 22 April – Find out if you have got what it takes to be a biotechnologist – DNA isolation
- 22 April – Find out if you have got what it takes to be a biotechnologist – designing and carrying out PCR reactions